Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Google Places Will Take an Offering Now

I have written here that Google is god, or at least intends to become god.  I won't go into detail here as I have gone into some detail here.

One aspect of Googles godlike behavior is that so much is now free.  Google docs, search, mail, voice, and so on.  I claim that it is only a matter of time before they will pass the offering plate like any good religion.  And so it has begun.  Check this out from a very savvy Internet Guru:

2. Advertising with Tags - For 25 bucks a month, businesses (in certain cities) can use Tags to highlight their listings on Google.com and Google Maps. These are yellow markers that let you promote important aspects of your business. They can be used for thins like coupons, photos, and other select features.  They don’t affect the rank of search results, but they give customers more information and may prove beneficial. You can expect Google to increase the number of cities where this option is available. 

I will be recommending this option to everyone of my clients the minute it is available in their area.  The income from this little collection will be enormous.

No comments: