Thursday, January 20, 2011

Google Places Reviews - Small Local Businesses At the Mercy of Amateur Reviewers and Worse

Don't take my word for it.  Read all the other pundits in the local search game as I just did.  I took a brief walk around the top guys websites and guess what?  Business Reviews and how they show up on Google Places will be the dominant issue in 2011.  I've been saying this for a very long time.  You can find my articles, videos, press releases, and earlier blog posts talking about the impact of reviews going back over a year now.  One by one my clients who were struggling to get and maintain top Google Places rankings are getting there by having enough of the right kind of reviews.

Stay tuned to this spot.  We will be announcing ShoutDog 2 in the next few days.  It will be the killer app of 2011.

No comments: